Deeter, Jay, Tecto and Shrop talk about building successful meetup communities through consistency, growing new leaders and making meetups welcoming.
- Be consistent on meetup schedule (ex: first Wednesday of every month)
- Be consistent on meetup location, so attendees are familiar with the facility, parking, etc.
- Be consistent on providing food or snacks/Be consistent on not providing food or snacks
- Plan meetup topics months ahead and publish plans on meetup.com and other marketing tools used by the group.
- Consider sponsored giveaways
- Market and promote meetups on http://meetup.com